Use our Complaint Desk! Vent your frustration!


This is NOT an official Webkinz or Ganz site, it's a simple experiment in Web 2.0 consumer advocacy.
Leave your comment at our COMPLAINT DESK.

Of course, if you have good Webkinz news or tips to share, post on Success Stories & Helpful Hints.

Wondering why there are ads on this site? This is why.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Note to Webkinz: Contact Typepad for Customer Support Ideas

Ganz was simply unprepared for the popularity of Webkinz, online and off. Handling product shortages is probably an easier fix than managing network limitations and customer service shortages. Those last areas will make or break Webkinz. Here are my completely amateur suggestions:

1) Obviously more technical infrastructure is needed, including a more secure site on the backend.
(For some techie talk about the Webkinz site see this post and comments at Chen's blog.)

2) Webkinz, get in touch with the support people at Typepad. (My other blogging platform.) Typepad has two excellent means of support for their product:
*an extensive and useful help database
*an excellent Help Ticket system

Every question I've had with Typepad has been answered through these two options. The Help Ticket system has a stellar response time. Not only are the responses timely, they are helpful.

6 comments:

I Lamont said...

I got a response through their trouble ticket system, which claimed that they had fixed the problem ... but my daughter tried it this afternoon around 4 pm ET, and still no go.

Thanks to the link to the technical blog, I'll check it out in a moment ...

Anonymous said...

Hey Lexie, check out my blog about the better business bureau at Sandyducks.com/blog, I wonder if every should be doing this... it may get Ganz attention!

Mrs. Smith said...

Ian, you're welcome. Thanks for all your info.

Jen, I'm hoping people will utilize helpwebkinz.com to let Ganz know. BTW, you're blog about social networking sites for kids is a good idea.

call center said...

Well thanks for sharing this article. I'll contact typepad too. Have a great morning.

service call center said...

I definitely agree. Thanks for sharing.

Customer Care Contact Number said...

Nice Blog ,Thanks for Sharing the information.Customer Satisfaction is very important to grow up the business.